Learning FuelPHP for Effective PHP Development
Use the flexible FuelPHP framework to quickly and effectively create PHP applications
- Scaffold with oil - the FuelPHP command-line tool
- Build an administration quickly and effectively
- Create your own project using FuelPHP
PHP frameworks have been around for a number of years. FuelPHP was one of the first frameworks built for PHP 5.3. It makes use of more advanced features of the language to allow you to focus on delivering features and code for your projects. FuelPHP allows you to quickly build prototypes using scaffolding and command-line tools, thus allowing you to concentrate on the fun part of trialling ideas and concepts.
This practical guide will show you how to use FuelPHP to quickly create projects more quickly and effectively. You will learn everything you need to know when creating projects with FuelPHP, including how to adapt the project as ideas change and develop.
This guide is packed with several tutorials that will help you to build a powerful and engaging application, and in the process you will learn more about FuelPHP. This book explores how to install and build a FuelPHP project in a step- by- step approach.
Starting with an exploration of the features of FuelPHP, this book then delves into the creation of a simple application. You will then move on to scaffolding your application using the powerful FuelPHP Oil command-line tool. Next, you will be introduced to packages and modules, and also cover routing, which allows for cleaner URL structures.
The book concludes with an introduction to the PHP community.
What you will learn from this book
- Install FuelPHP
- Set up a project and use Git source control
- Use the FuelPHP oil tool to auto-generate Models, Views, and Controllers
- Perform migrations to bring different environments in line with one another
- Deploy existing packages to perform common functionality
- Enable user authentication with the Auth package
- Create your own packages to share functionality
The book follows a standard tutorial approach, which will enable readers to use the FuelPHP framework efficiently while developing PHP applications.
Who this book is written for
If you are a PHP developer who is looking to learn more about using the FuelPHP framework for effective PHP development, this book is ideal for you. If you are interested in this book, you should already have a basic understanding of general PHP development.