Inatant Android Fragmentation Management How-to
A complete hands-on guide to solving the biggest problem facing Android application developers today
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn how to write apps that work on any Android version.
- Ready to use code to solve any compatibility issue.
- Get hands-on with the biggest issue that faces Android developers
There are currently 7 different versions of operating systems for Android. A growing issue is fragmentation. With the number of Android users and the variety of versions available, Android fragmentation is a huge problem. This little book is the solution.
Instant Android Fragmentation Management How-to is a step-by-step guide to writing applications that can run on all devices starting from Android 1.6. With simple solutions for complex problems, this book will walk you through the biggest issues facing Android developers today.
This book will take you through the newest features in the latest version of Android, and shows you how to utilize them in the older versions using the compatibility library. This practical guide allows you to focus on creating the best application possible without worrying about compatibility.
All the heavy lifting is done for you. Using user interface, adapting your application will work perfectly on any Android operating system. Asynchronous data management will also allow your applications to run smoothly on any device.
Everything you need to run your app on any version of Android is right here.
What you will learn from this book
- Make applications that recognize what version they are running on
- Create version specific themes for your applications that look native on any device
- Build applications that work smoothly on any Android version
- Use core classes for thread management
- Import external libraries using Eclipse to make developing applications easier
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Written in the easy to understand Packt How-to format, this book offers the solution to the big issues in Android application development.
Who this book is written for
If you want the best possible reviews for your apps, regardless of device or Android operating system, then this book is for you.