Get started with the flexible and powerful e-commerce framework, Magento
- Build your first Magento extension, step by step
- Extend core Magento functionality, such as the API
- Learn how to test your Magento code
Magento has completely reshaped the face of e-commerce since its launch in 2008. Its revolutionary focus on object oriented and EAV design patterns has allowed it to become the preferred tool for developers and retailers alike.
"Magento PHP Developer's Guide" is a complete reference to Magento, allowing developers to understand its fundamental concepts, and get them developing and testing Magento code.
The book starts by building the reader's knowledge of Magento, providing them with the information, techniques, and tools that they require to start their first Magento development.
After building this knowledge, the book will then look at more advanced topics: how to test your code, how to extend the frontend and backend, and deploying and distributing custom modules.
"Magento PHP Developer's Guide" will help you navigate your way around your first Magento developments, helping you to avoid all of the most common headaches new developers face when first getting started.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Magento
- Deploy and distribute custom modules
- Explore development techniques and tools for Magento
- Extend Magento core functionality
- Discover the design patterns which form Magento
- Understand Magento architecture
- Test Magento with different tools and frameworks
"Magento PHP Developer's Guide" is an easily accessible tutorial, designed and written to give the reader maximum understanding of the powerful Magento framework.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for developers who have previous experience with PHP and PHP frameworks, such as Zend or CakePHP, and want to start developing and working with Magento. Even developers with previous experience with Magento will find the book extremely useful to gain a full understanding of Magento fundamentals, architecture, and overall philosophy.