An easy-to-use guide on how to test Java applications of any scope using Eclipse IDE
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn how to install Eclipse and Java for any platform
- Get to grips with how to efficiently navigate in the Eclipse environment using shortcuts
- Create your own Java sample app and learn how to test and debug it using a rich set of Eclipse debugging tools
- Learn how to create an automatic set of tests for your app using the JUnit framework
- Easyto follow steps backed up by the code and detailed explanations
Detecting bugs and flaws in an application is difficult. Eclipse is a multi-language software development environment comprising of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and an extensible plugin system. Testing the Eclipse Platform during every build using an extensive suite of automated tests helps in disclosing bugs and rectifying them.
"Instant Eclipse Application Testing How-to" is a quick guide to learning how to test all types of Java applications in an Eclipse environment. This book gives you a step-by-step approach towards application testing and debugging along with optimized sample test projects.
"Instant Eclipse Application Testing How-to" is a hands-on guide that gives developers an insight into how to test Java applications using Eclipse IDE. This book will guide you through the process by allowing you to create a Java application and debug it using a wide variety of Eclipse debugging tools. The book is filled with practical examples, so you will start coding and debugging right away. After reading the book you will be proficient enough to debug Java applications of any scope.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Eclipse and Java for your platform
- Explore the components of Eclipse Debug Perspective
- Discover how to set up breakpoints
- Learn what Conditional Breakpoint is and when it is used
- Use Method and Exceptional Breakpoint
- Set up Printpoint and Watchpoint
- Familiarize yourself with the JUnit test framework
- Code the JUnit test case
- Learn different methods that can be used for testing inside the JUnit test case
- Combine JUnit tests into a single JUnit Test Suite
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks .The approach is in a tutorial style that will guide the users in an orderly manner toward application testing.
Who this book is written for
This book is for developers of any level, starting from people who have never used Eclipse and ending with advanced developers who want to switch to Eclipse IDE and start debugging their apps using Eclipse. Most of the recipes in this book are very easy to follow, so no prior knowledge of Eclipse IDE is required. It is advised that the reader has basic knowledge of the Java programming language.