Responsive Web Design with jQuery
With so many varied devices browsing the Internet, websites need to react correctly to many different situations. This book will show you how to use JQuery plugins to build responsive websites quickly, accurately, and easily.
- Learn to swiftly design responsive websites by harnessing the power of jQuery
- Get your responsive site ready to meet the device-agnostic world
- Display highlighted content in a carousel and implement touch gestures to control them
- Understand the mobile-first philosophy and put its concept into practice
"Responsive Web Design with jQuery" is a practical book focused on saving your development time using the useful jQuery plugins made by the frontend community. Follow the chapters, and learn to design and augment a responsive web design with HTML5 and CSS3. The book presents a practical know how of these new technologies and techniques that are set to be the future of frontend web development.
This book helps you implement the concept of responsive web design in clear, gradual, and consistent steps, demonstrating each solution, and driving you to practice it and avoid common mistakes.
You will learn how to build a responsive website; right from its structure, conception, and adapting it to screen device width. We will also take a look at different types of menu navigation and how to convert text, images, and tables so as as to display them graciously on different devices. Features such as the carousel slider and form elements will also be covered, including the testing phase and the measures to create correct fallbacks for old browsers.
With "Responsive Web Design with jQuery", you will learn to create responsive websites quickly by using CSS3 and the incredible jQuery plugins. You will also learn to save your time by tailoring solutions created and tested by the community.
What you will learn from this book
- Design responsive layouts for Grid systems
- Analyze and choose the correct responsive menu navigation
- Implement a mechanism to display the right image depending on the device requesting it
- Use working designs and their code after tailoring them to your needs
- Optimize your tables to display their information better
- Implement responsive form elements
- Build a responsive carousel slider including a touch function
- Test your site thoroughly
"Responsive Web Design with jQuery" follows a standard tutorial-based approach, covering various aspects of responsive web design by building a comprehensive website.
Who this book is written for