Instant SymPy Starter
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-05-26
- 售價: $760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $722
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 52
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 178216362X
- ISBN-13: 9781782163626
Learn to use SymPy's symbolic engine to simplify Python calculations
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Set up the best computing environment with IPython Notebook, SymPy, and all your favorite Python libraries
- Learn how to streamline your computations with computer algebra
- Compile symbolic expressions into efficient numerical functions
Symbolic computation is the use of algorithms and software to perform exact calculations on symbolic mathematical expressions. It has traditionally been the preserve of monolithic computer algebra systems. SymPy puts its power within easy reach of all Python programmers, just an import statement away.
Instant SymPy Starter is an introduction to the exciting world of symbolic computation in Python. With hands-on examples and practical advice, you will learn everything you need to integrate SymPy into your workflow and to make the best use of its functionalities.
This book will guide you on your journey with SymPy, from setting up your development environment to integrating SymPy into your workflow, with many useful tips. You will see how to set up a powerful environment for both symbolic and numerical computations inside IPython Notebook, and learn how to efficiently employ symbolic computation in your numerical calculations. You can follow the examples along on your own system as all the code is available in downloadable IPython notebooks. If you have never used IPython before, you should consider this as the perfect occasion to start.
What you will learn from this book
- Translating mathematical expressions into SymPy objects
- Compiling symbolic expressions into numerical functions
- Computing exact derivatives and Taylor expansions automatically
- Getting exact results for complicated integrals
- Solving systems of equations
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.Learning SymPy Starter is an easy-to understand, practical guide packed with real-world examples. It covers everything from the installation steps to the numerous features provided by SymPy.
Who this book is written for
This book is for Python developers. A good grounding in Python is assumed, as well as a bit of familiarity with its scientific ecosystem.