Mastering HTML5 Forms
Create dynamic and responsive web forms with this in- depth, hands-on guide
- Enhance the look and feel of your form
- Optimize your user experience for any device
- Utilize HTML5’s brand new form elements
HTML5 has given web developers the ability to easily develop sites and applications which, previously, were extremely time consuming. Now, they can not only build visually stunning forms and web pages, but can also increase the scope of their applications, as well as collect valuable user inputs and data through customized forms.
This practical guide will teach you how to create responsive forms, and how to link them to the database. This will enable you to take advantage of the power behind HTML5 elements for building forms, and make the user interfaces attractive and more interactive.
Explore the benefits of web forms, and learn how to create them using new HTML5 form elements. This guide will take you through a number of clear, practical examples that will help you to take advantage of the forms built and customized using HTML5 and related technologies, quickly and painlessly. Your ability to build responsive forms will be enhanced throughout the book.
You will also learn about the necessity of validations, CSS3 properties for improving the look of the form, and how to link the form to the server. Lastly, you will learn to make the standard forms responsive by making them compatible with desktops and mobile devices.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with the new HTML5 form elements and attributes
- Add client-side validation to your forms using HTML5 attributes
- Discover form validation constraints and the supported APIs
- Style your forms using CSS3
- Prevent spoofing and forging of the forms
- Utilize PHP and MySQL to store information in databases
- Understand responsive design techniques
This tutorial will show you how to create stylish forms, not only visually appealing, but interactive and customized, in order to gather valuable user inputs and information.
Who this book is written for
Enhance your skills in building responsive and dynamic web forms using HTML5, CSS3, and related technologies. All you need is a basic understanding of HTML and PHP.