Utilize the power of Masonry in short, easy-to-follow recipes
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Short, easy-to-follow jQuery Masonry techniques
- Practical examples for everyday scenarios
- A breeze to read; great for a quick reference guide
jQuery Masonry is a revolutionary new plugin that enables dynamic layouts on any website. This powerful tool shuffles and rearranges elements to fit any screen size which will ensure your website keeps up with one of the biggest trends of the year, Responsive Web Design.
Instant jQuery Masonry How-to will allow you to start building fully responsive layouts for portfolios, galleries, blog pages, and more. Gain a complete understanding of the workings of Masonry, which will allow you to integrate this unique tool into your existing and future projects.
The hands-on guide will take you from the basics of jQuery Masonry to utilizing its power within Wordpress and Drupal.
You will learn the basics such as implementing single and multi-column layouts, before developing more complex solutions for various media types, fluid layouts, and animating transitions. With the widespread adoption of responsive web design, this book will bring your blog, portfolio, or any project you are working on up to speed.
What you will learn from this book
- Integrate jQuery Masonry into your existing web projects
- Build multi-column layouts
- Integrate your projects with images and video
- Build a fluid, liquid layout
- Animate using jQuery and CSS3
- Integrate Masonry with Wordpress
- Integrate Masonry with Drupal
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A concise guide that delivers immediate results with practical recipes on customizing your projects.
Who this book is written for
If you have a basic understanding of jQuery, HTML, and CSS3, this book is for you. We will go over what Masonry is, how it works, and the best practices on how to implement it in your projects.