Performance Testing With JMeter 2.9
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-07-07
- 售價: $1,300
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,235
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 148
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782165843
- ISBN-13: 9781782165842
If you want to use JMeter for performance testing your software products, this book is a great starting point. You'll get a great grounding in all the fundamentals and gain a wealth of new skills along the way.
- Create realistic and maintainable scripts for web applications
- Use various JMeter components to achieve testing goals
- Removal of unnecessary errors and code compilation
- Acquire skills that will enable you to leverage the cloud for distributed testing
- Effectively monitor server resources during performance testing
- Extend JMeter functionality by installing plugins
Performance testing with JMeter 2.9 is critical to the success of any software product launch and continued scalability. Irrespective of the size of the application’s user base, it’s vital to deliver the best user experience to consumers. Apache JMeter is an excellent testing tool that provides an insight into how applications might behave under load enabling organizations to focus on making adequate preparations.
Performance Testing with JMeter 2.9 is a practical, hands-on guide that equips you with all the essential skills needed to effectively use JMeter to test web applications using a number of clear and practical step-by-step guides. It allows you take full advantage of the real power behind Apache JMeter, quickly taking you from novice to master.
Performance Testing with JMeter 2.9 begins with the fundamentals of performance testing and gets you acquainted with JMeter. It will guide you through recording realistic and maintainable scripts.
You will acquire new skills working with tools such as Vagrant, Puppet, and AWS, allowing you to leverage the cloud to aid in distributed testing. You will learn how to do some BeanShell scripting and take advantage of regular expressions, JMeter properties, and extension points to build comprehensive and robust test suites. Also, you will learn how to test RESTful web services, deal with XML, JSON, file downloads/uploads, and much more. Topics like resource monitoring, distributed testing, managing sessions, and extending JMeter are also covered.
Performance Testing with JMeter 2.9 will teach you all you need to know to take full advantage of JMeter for testing web applications, dazzle your co-workers, and impress your boss! You will go from novice to pro in no time.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up and prepare Apache JMeter for testing
- Record test scenarios or create them from scratch
- Test RESTful web services
- Effectively monitor resources during a performance test
- Maintain and manage user sessions
- Distributed testing using Vagrant, Puppet, and AWS
- Extend JMeter functionality through plugins
- Understand and effectively use JMeter components to achieve testing needs
- Build realistic, comprehensive, and maintainable test plans
- Capture form submissions and appropriate handle server responses
Performance Testing With JMeter 2.9 is a standard tutorial that will help you polish your fundamentals, guide you through various advanced topics, and along the process help you learn new tools and skills.
Who this book is written for
This book is for developers, quality assurance engineers, testers, and test managers new to Apache JMeter, or those who are looking to get a good grounding in how to effectively use and become proficient with it. No prior testing experience is required.