RavenDB High Performance
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-08-29
- 售價: $1,320
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,254
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 124
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 178216698X
- ISBN-13: 9781782166986
This tutorial gives you the knowledge you need to build scalable applications on RavenDB. Designed to be easy to understand and follow, it includes diagrams and code to help you maximize the efficiency of your database.
- Learn how to build your application for scalability and high availability
- Make highly interactive applications that support client-side notifications, faceted search, search suggestions, and more
- Take advantage of advanced RavenDB APIs to make your application fly
RavenDB is an exciting technology that challenges developers to reconsider their old ways of thinking about databases. In this day and age, Internet-scale applications require this fresh perspective. RavenDB High Performance moves beyond the basics and guides you through building scalable applications using the rich features and extensibility of RavenDB.
RavenDB High Performance cuts through the noise and focuses on the key information you need to build scalable applications on the RavenDB document database. The book discusses every aspect of building a high performance system, from modeling your data to deploying it in a clustered environment. Examples are provided to make this information easy to apply to your specific application scenario.
Beginning with the NoSQL movement, RavenDB High Performance delves into the forces pushing developers beyond the traditional relational database solutions. From there, the book focuses on the design and development of web-based applications on RavenDB. It gives clear advice and examples to guide the reader through this new and exciting technology. Data modeling through documents is discussed in detail. This understanding is critical for building clean code and scalable applications. Once this foundation is established, the author focuses on key APIs that optimize data access and give end users great experiences. Scaling out and high availability techniques are also discussed in detail.
RavenDB High Performance brings together the resources you need for building scalable applications on RavenDB in an easy to understand and use format. Advice, diagrams, and code will help you quickly understand the concepts that you will apply to your next application.
What you will learn from this book
- Model data using documents
- Utilize the best APIs for optimizing data access
- Monitor a RavenDB instance
- Detect performance problems and tune your configuration
- Scale out to multiple nodes using sharding
- Replicate to a relational database for reporting
- Distribute load using read striping
- Create high availability through multi-node replication
- Use Failover Clustering for high availability
- Deploy RavenDB to the cloud
- Create client-side notifications from RavenDB using SignalR
- Extend the RavenDB server with your own custom code
RavenDB High Performance is comprehensive yet concise tutorial that developers can use to.
Who this book is written for
This book is for developers & software architects who are designing systems in order to achieve high performance right from the start. A basic understanding of RavenDB is recommended, but not required. While the book focuses on advanced topics, it does not assume that the reader has a great deal of prior knowledge of working with RavenDB.