- Learn the power of test-driven development while creating a fully-featured web application
- Understand the best practices for modularization and code organization while putting your application to scale
- Leverage the power of frameworks such as BackboneJS and jQuery while maintaining the code quality
- Automate everything from spec execution to build; leave repetition to the monkeys
You will learn how to create a sustainable codebase with the help of Jasmine. We will take a look at integrated testing (with a backend NodeJS server) and how you can speed this process up by faking AJAX requests. As you progress through the book, you will learn about the challenges of testing an application built on top of a framework and how you can prevent your application from suffering from dependency management hell. Also, since your applications need to get into production, you will learn about optimizing the code to reduce the number of requests the browser needs to make while loading your application.
What you will learn from this book
- Drive your application development entirely by tests
- Organize your application code in modules with RequireJS
- Create a fully-tested jQuery plugin
- Solve problems and learn best practices for asynchronous testing
- Use Stubs and Spies to perform quick unit testing
- Test-drive a BackboneJS application
- Master the power of tooling and automation with GruntJS
- Run your tests on the cloud with Travis-CI
The book uses a concise, to-the-point approach to help developers understand and use the power of Jasmine to create better and more maintainable codebases.
Who this book is written for