About This Book
- Build an agile, secure, and highly scalable virtualization foundation for your enterprise Linux and Windows workloads
- Explore how Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization positions itself as the strategic virtualization alternative to proprietary virtualization platforms
- Deep dive into its internal architecture and components and learn how to build and manage RHEV
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator who is interested in implementing and managing open source virtualization infrastructures, this is the book for you. A basic knowledge of virtualization and basic Linux command line experience is needed.
What You Will Learn
- Install RHEV Manager and RHEV Hypervisor hosts
- Set up RHEV virtual infrastructure components such as data centers, cluster, hosts, storage, and networks
- Create and manage virtual machines, snapshots, and templates
- Discover advanced storage, network features, and hotplug devices
- Manage virtualization environments from the command line
- Troubleshoot RHEV through logfiles
- Set up basic storage and directory services for RHEV
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform is an enterprise grade, centralized management and hypervisor for server and desktop virtualization. It's a complete virtualization management solution providing fully integrated management of your virtual infrastructures. The RHEV Platform components work seamlessly together to build your open private Infrastructure-as-a-Service cloud.
Develop a thorough understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization through this step-by-step guide. Covering invaluable information right from the initial setup to the configuration of the infrastructure, you will learn to create and manage your own virtual machine as well as master the centralized management interface for virtualized machine snapshots.
Through simple, hands-on tutorials, this book guides you through implementing and managing a virtualization infrastructure to run your mission critical enterprise workloads.