Create and execute automated test cases for your Android apps using this hands-on guide to Robotium. A comprehensive guide to the framework, it takes you from first principles to advanced features and utilities.
- Integrate Robotium with Maven to perform test case execution during build
- Learn different steps to connect to a remote client from an android using Robotium
- Understand the benefits of Robotium over other test frameworks
Automation testing on mobile devices has been around for a number of years, although it has really taken off with the advent of the Robotium Framework. With the help of automating test cases, business components are extensively reused and complex test cases are executed. Due to a number of different key features added to the Robotium Framework, it has become the world's leading Android test automation framework and most of the industry experts and professionals are using this framework for testing their Android business applications.
This practical guide will help you to create and execute automated test cases. You will also learn how to take advantage of the real power behind the Robotium Framework and all of its features, while being provided with a good grounding in how to use it in your Android test project.
Starting with learning how to set up an Android environment for using Robotium, this book will then look at the various features of the Robotium framework, and take you through numerous examples that will help you to take advantage of the new features in Robotium, quickly and painlessly.
This book will guide you through setting up the Android environment that is necessary to create a test project. You will also learn the benefits of using Robotium over other test frameworks, as well as solutions to the most common issues faced by users in this domain.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with the Robotium Framework
- Create a test project using Robotium
- Get acquainted with Robotium API calls and their usage
- Access web views in Android via Web Support in Robotium
- Compare Robotium with other testing frameworks
- Utilize the remote control feature in Robotium
- Implement different Robotium utilities
- Use Robotium with Maven
This is a step-by-step, example-oriented tutorial aimed at illustrating the various test scenarios and automation capabilities of Robotium.
Who this book is written for
If you are an Android developer who is learning how to create test cases to test their application, and are looking to get a good grounding in different features in Robotium, this book is ideal for you. It's assumed that you have some experience in Android development, as well be familiar with the Android test framework, as Robotium is a wrapper to Android test framework.