Begin your journey of building amazing mobile applications using PhoneGap with the geolocation API
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Build your first app using the geolocation API, reading xml file and phonegap
- Full code provided along with illustrations, images, and Cascading style sheets
- Develop an application in PhoneGap and submit it to app stores for different platforms
PhoneGap is a mobile development framework. Building applications for each device-iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile and more-requires different frameworks and languages. PhoneGap solves this by using standards-based web technologies to bridge web applications and mobile devices. Since PhoneGap apps are standards-compliant, they're future-proofed to work with browsers as they evolve.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up your PhoneGap development environment
- Use the geolocation API programming interface
- Read an XML file with your app information
- Build a simple but powerful CSS file
- Develop mobile apps using HTML5, JS, and CSS
- Use the Google Maps Application programming interface
- Create a hybrid app using PhoneGap
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This is a guide that starts with the basics of a PhoneGap mobile application along with top features to enable you to build your own PhoneGap mobile application.
Who this book is written for