Selenium WebDriver Practical Guide
Interactively automate web applications using Selenium WebDriver
- Covers basic to advanced concepts of WebDriver
- Learn how to design a more effective automation framework
- Explores all of the APIs within WebDriver
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of each concept through practical code examples
Selenium WebDriver is an open source web UI automation tool implemented through a browser-specific browser driver, which sends commands to a browser and retrieves results.
Selenium WebDriver Practical Guide will guide you through the various APIs of WebDriver which should be used in automation tests, followed by a discussion of the various WebDriver implementations available. This guide will support you by offering you access to source code fi les, including the essential HTML fi les, that allow you to work with jQuery and other examples throughout the book. Finally, you will receive an in-depth explanation of how to deal with the latest features of WebDriver through step-by-step practical tutorials.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the basic design of Selenium WebDriver and understand how it overcomes the limitations of its predecessor
- Set up and use Selenium Grid
- Discover the various mechanisms used to locate web elements
- Perform advanced actions such as drag-and-drop, double-click, right-click, and action builders on web pages
- Explore the advanced features of WebDriver such as handling cookies, taking screenshotsmanaging timeouts, and browser navigations
- Acquire an understanding of the various WebDriver implementations such as Firefox Driver, IE Driver, and Chrome Driver
- Explore WebDriver EventListeners
- Design effective automation frameworks using the PageObject pattern
- Learn how to deal with the latest features of WebDriver
An easy- to- follow guide, featuring step-by-step practical tutorials to help you understand how to automate web applications for testing purposes.
Who this book is written for
If you are a quality assurance/testing professional, a software developer, or a web application developer looking to create automation test scripts for your web applications, this is the perfect guide for you! As a prerequisite, a basic knowledge of Core Java is expected, although any previous knowledge of WebDriver or Selenium 1 is not needed.