Cuckoo Malware Analysis
Digit Oktavianto, Iqbal Muhardianto
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-09-20
- 售價: $1,250
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,188
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 142
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782169237
- ISBN-13: 9781782169239
Analyze malware using Cuckoo Sandbox
- Learn how to analyze malware in a straightforward way with minimum technical skills
- Understand the risk of the rise of document-based malware
- Enhance your malware analysis concepts through illustrations, tips and tricks, step-by-step instructions, and practical real-world scenarios
Cuckoo Sandbox is a leading open source automated malware analysis system. This means that you can throw any suspicious file at it and, in a matter of seconds, Cuckoo will provide you with some detailed results outlining what said file did when executed inside an isolated environment.
Cuckoo Malware Analysis is a hands-on guide that will provide you with everything you need to know to use Cuckoo Sandbox with added tools like Volatility, Yara, Cuckooforcanari, Cuckoomx, Radare, and Bokken, which will help you to learn malware analysis in an easier and more efficient way.
Cuckoo Malware Analysis will cover basic theories in sandboxing, automating malware analysis, and how to prepare a safe environment lab for malware analysis. You will get acquainted with Cuckoo Sandbox architecture and learn how to install Cuckoo Sandbox, troubleshoot the problems after installation, submit malware samples, and also analyze PDF files, URLs, and binary files. This book also covers memory forensics – using the memory dump feature, additional memory forensics using Volatility, viewing result analyses using the Cuckoo analysis package, and analyzing APT attacks using Cuckoo Sandbox, Volatility, and Yara.
Finally, you will also learn how to screen Cuckoo Sandbox against VM detection and how to automate the scanning of e-mail attachments with Cuckoo.
What you will learn from this book
- Get started with automated malware analysis using Cuckoo Sandbox
- Use Cuckoo Sandbox to analyze sample malware
- Analyze output from Cuckoo Sandbox
- Report results with Cuckoo Sandbox in standard form
- Learn tips and tricks to get the most out of your malware analysis results
This book is a step-by-step, practical tutorial for analyzing and detecting malware and performing digital investigations. This book features clear and concise guidance in an easily accessible format.
Who this book is written for
Cuckoo Malware Analysis is great for anyone who wants to analyze malware through programming, networking, disassembling, forensics, and virtualization. Whether you are new to malware analysis or have some experience, this book will help you get started with Cuckoo Sandbox so you can start analysing malware effectively and efficiently.