Instant Mercurial Distributed SCM Essentials How-to
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-04-20
- 售價: $760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $722
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 64
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782169911
- ISBN-13: 9781782169918
Learn how to customize your Windows desktop with Rainmeter
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn version control quickly using Mercurial basics and advanced features
- Set up and work with the Mercurial server for collaborative software development
- Practise a centralized workflow and continuous integration
- Customize Mercurial with advanced commands, hooks, and extensions
A version control system provides a central repository to effectively coordinate and collaborate the work of a software development team. Mercurial is one of the most powerful and portable distributed version control systems currently available and is also fully free software. Most importantly, it provides a smooth transition for developers knowing CVS or Subversion's command set.
Instant Mercurial SCM Essentials How-to will help you in exploring the basics as well as some of Mercurial’s most advanced features, such as extensions, hooks, conflict resolution, and so on through a comprehensive set of recipes. It quickly takes you through the process of creating a simple centralized software configuration workflow and continuous integration practice. If you are a software developer already familiar to version control but new to the Mercurial open source distributed VCS, this book is a great place to start.
Instant Mercurial SCM Essentials How-to begins with taking you through the tool installation and configuration and the most standard version control tasks, either for working locally or with a team through a series of easy-to-perform practical recipes.
Furthermore, this book will help you understand several tasks related to configuration management such as branching, merging, or solving conflicts and advanced tool usage; how to set up a web interface, to find when a bug was introduced, to enforce rules, to work with patches, or to set up a bidirectional gateway to another VCS.
Using a practical format of easy-to-perform recipes, Instant Mercurial SCM Essentials How-to leverages the simplicity and power of Mercurial to help you be more efficient and productive.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configure Mercurial, the Mercurial-server extension, and TortoiseHg
- Place local files under version control to track their changes, display history, and revert changes
- Display detailed information about repositories, search through revisions, and customize printed command outputs
- Collaborate with others, diverge using clones or branches, merge and solve conflicts, and set up ad-hock or centralized servers
- Learn Agile practices such as collective ownership or continuous integration through simple SCM practices
- Set up a web interface to the repositories, find out at what revision a bug started, select which changes to commit, work with mutable changes (patches), and convert to and from Git or other VCS
- Set up hooks to mark a repository as deprecated (read-only), enforce a single-head policy, or to check a user's identity complies with a given policy
- Undo operations, ignore local files, keep local (or remote) changes forcibly during a merge, and display version control information in your prompt