A concise and clear step-by-step guide to get you quickly started with Oracle GoldenGate
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Understand and configure replication
- Secure your enterprise data at rest and in transit
- Source data to one or more destinations in homogeneous environments and/or disparate environments
Oracle GoldenGate is a comprehensive package for low-impact, real-time data capture, distribution, and delivery of transactional data across heterogeneous systems for continuous availability, zero downtime migration, and disaster recovery. All in all, it is a precise tool for data replication, regardless of the platform that you use in today’s environment.
Instant Oracle GoldenGate exemplifies the ease of use of this package through the use of real-world examples. This book gives a good overview and hands-on approach to the most commonly used implementations in an Oracle GoldenGate environment.
This How-to book will take you through a number of real-world examples quickly and effectively by eliminating much of the guess work for all users from novices to experienced users.
You will learn about the key components of the architecture and simple one-way replication for a number of database tables or an entire schema. You’ll be covering key concepts and the implementation of high availability configurations such as Oracle RAC, encryption, and many different ways to transform and filter data to your target systems.
What you will learn from this book
- Instantiate one-way and bi-directional replication
- Configure Oracle GoldenGate for High Availability
- Advanced configurations such as filtering, transformation, and conversion
- Encrypt data and passwords
- Fine-tune your environment for better throughput
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.This is a Packt Instant How-to guide, which provides concise and clear recipes for performing the core task of replication using Oracle GoldenGate.
Who this book is written for
The book is aimed at DBAs from any of popular RDBMS systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Sybase, and so on. The level of detail provides quick applicability to beginners and a handy review for more advanced administrators.