About This Book
- Secure your vSphere environment from the ground up, with step-by-step instructions covering all major vCenter components
- Eliminate pesky certificate errors in a conventional and secure manner
- Get acquainted with the new features of vSphere through a practical, recipe-based approach
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for virtualization professionals who are experienced with the setup and configuration of VMware vSphere, but didn't get the opportunity to learn how to secure the environment properly.
What You Will Learn
- Harden your ESXi host and guest virtual machines to reduce the vulnerabilities in your system
- Configure vCenter networks and storage security to establish secure virtual networks between environments
- Install and configure vShield Manager and Data Security to manage anti-malware and anitvirus policies for your virtual environments
- Set up vShield App and Edge, including firewall and VPN configurations to help secure your networks in your environment
- Use Sophos Anti-virus to establish a vShield Endpoint to secure your environment
Within the IT field, security is often a low priority when it comes to building new environments. As security compliance continues to gain prominence, proper and secure product configuration becomes even more important. Applying security to a complex virtual environment can be a daunting and time-consuming endeavor. This book provides a perfect plan for step-by-step configuration of vSphere 5.5 and its associated components.
The book starts by showing you how to configure the core vSphere components of the ESXi host before covering guest virtual machine security, user management, and network and storage security. Moving ahead, you will learn specifically about the configuration of X.509 certificates utilizing the SSL Certificate Automation Tool. The book concludes by taking you through VXLAN virtual wire configuration.