Developing Web Applications with Oracle ADF Essentials
Sten E. Vesterli
Quickly build attractive, user-friendly web applications using Oracle's free ADF Essentials toolkit
- Quickly build compete applications with business services, page flows, and data-bound pages without programming
- Use Java to implement any business rule or application logic
- Choose the right architecture for high productivity and maintainability
- Follow a common example application that illustrates the key concepts throughout the book
With ADF, Oracle gives you the chance to use the powerful tool used by Oracle’s own developers. Modern enterprise applications must be user-friendly, visually attractive, and fast performing. Oracle Fusion Applications are just that; but to get the desired output you need proven methods to use this powerful and flexible tool to achieve success in developing your enterprise applications.
"Developing Web Applications with Oracle ADF Essentials" explains all you need to know in order to build good-looking, user-friendly applications on a completely free technology stack. It explains the highly productive, declarative development approach that will literally have your application running within a few hours, as well as how to use Java to add business logic.
"Developing Web Applications with Oracle ADF Essentials" tells you how to develop and deploy web application applications based on the highly productive and free Oracle ADF Essentials framework. You will first learn how to build business services on top of database tables, and then how to easily build a web application using these services. You will see how to visually design the flow through your application with ADF task flows, and how to use Java programming to implement business logic. Using this book, you can start building and deploying advanced web applications on a robust, free platform quickly.
Towards the end, you will be ready to build real-world ADF Essentials applications and will be able to consider yourself an ADF Essentials journeyman.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a complete, free development environment with MySQL, GlassFish, JDeveloper, and ADF Essentials
- Create business services based on database tables – without programming
- Visually design your application with ADF task flows
- Build application pages with advanced user interface components, automatically mapping them to business services
- Add business logic with regular Java programming, working with user interface elements and database data
- Divide your application into reusable ADF libraries for efficient development in larger teams
- Debug your application through all layers of the architecture
- Implement role-based security
- Set up automated build processes
- Package and deploy your application to test and production environments
"Developing Web Applications with Oracle ADF Essentials" covers the basics of Oracle ADF and then works through more complex topics such as debugging and logging features and JAAS Security in JDeveloper as the reader gains more skills. This book will follow a tutorial approach, using a practical example, with the content and tasks getting harder throughout.