HP Vertica Essentials
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-05-22
- 售價: $1,300
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,235
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 106
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782171568
- ISBN-13: 9781782171560
Learn how to deploy, administer, and manage HP Vertica, one of the most robust MPP solutions around with this book and ebook.
- Learn cluster management and techniques to improve performance in Vertica
- Deploy local segmentation and get to grips with the concept of projections
- A simple, step-by-step guide covering the common administration-related activities in HP Vertica
With the rise of Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) and NewSQL databases, many users are confused about which MPP technology to opt for. Today, HP Vertica is gaining a lot of traction as a major MPP technology. Vertica's distributed architecture allows fast query processing, and it is a highly fault-tolerant architecture, thus making it one of the most sought-after MPP databases today.
HP Vertica Essentials will help you to learn day-to-day administration activities in a step-by-step format. You will start by learning how to install Vertica, followed by its management and monitoring. You will learn about the different backup and restore techniques, including the concept of projections in Vertica. Finally, you will explore the various techniques to improve performance and bulk loading in Vertica. By the end of this book, you will be able to install, manage, and monitor Vertica efficiently.
What you will learn from this book
- Successfully install Vertica
- Manage clusters in Vertica
- Create backups and restore databases
- Master different techniques to improve performance
- Understand the concept of projections in Vertica
- Make effective projections in Vertica
- Monitor performance in Vertica
- Get to grips with the concept of bulk loading in Vertica
This is a step-by-step guide with an easy-to-follow approach. A variety of diagrams and images support the concepts explored in the book. This book also contains important tips and tricks, thus making it a really useful reference for Vertica administration activities.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Vertica user or DBA who wants to perform basic administration and fi ne tuning, then this book is for you. Prior knowledge of Vertica will help you to understand the concepts better, but is not mandatory. Some intermediate knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, Linux, and scripting languages such as Perl or Python will be helpful.