Hyper-V Replica Essentials
For Windows Server administrators, Hyper-V Replica is the free disaster recovery tool that can transform system availability. This book is the ultimate guide, taking a totally practical, empirical approach to teaching best practices.
- A practical step-by-step guide that goes beyond theory and focuses on getting hands-on
- Ensure business continuity and faster disaster recovery
- Learn how to deploy a failover cluster and encrypt communication traffic
Enterprises need to make sure that their systems are always up and running no matter what happens. Hyper-V Replica is a free disaster recovery tool in Hyper-V 3.0 that creates and maintains copies of virtual machines (VMs). In the event of a catastrophic loss, an administrator can failover to the replica VMs and provide business continuity.
Hyper-V Replica Essentials is a step by step guide to configuring Hyper-V Replica in various deployment scenarios. This book will give you an overview of Hyper-V Replica before taking you through the prerequisites required to properly configure Hyper-V Replica. Then, through a series of practical steps, this book will enable you to take advantage of this highly beneficial disaster recovery tool.
Hyper-V Replica Essentials starts by introducing you to Hyper-V Replica and will help you understand what it does and where you can apply it. We will then move onto learning how to configure a server environment with failover capabilities based on Microsoft Hyper-V and also how to use features including Live Storage Migration. Finally, you learn how to configure Hyper-V Replica authentication, and to troubleshoot problems with Hyper-V Replica as well as solving different types of problems.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure the Server Message Block (SMB) server for file storage
- Install Hyper-V on physical machines
- Set up a failover cluster
- Configure the Hyper-V Replica server
- Set up virtual machines for replication
- Create a certificate template
- Import a certificate template to a Hyper-V host
- Test Hyper-V Replica configuration
A fast-paced, step-by-step guide to configuring Hyper-V Replica in various deployment scenarios.
Who this book is written for
Hyper-V Replica Essentials is for Windows Server administrators who want to improve their system availability and speed up disaster recovery. You will need experience in Hyper-V deployment because Hyper-V Replica is built in the Hyper-V platform.