SAP BusinessObjects Reporting Cookbook
About This Book
- Discover how to master different business solutions which will help you deliver high quality reports to your organization and clients.
- Work efficiently in a BI environment while keeping your data accurate, secured, and easily shared.
- Learn how to build and format reports that will enable you to get the most useful insights from your data
Who This Book Is For
If you are a business analyst, BI developer, or an IT professional who wants to learn the A to Z of how to work with Web Intelligence reporting tools and different types of data, then this book is for you.
The only thing you need is a basic understanding of what Business Intelligence is and data concepts.
What You Will Learn
- Master advanced report building techniques using SAP BusinessObjects
- Discover tools to work efficiently in a BI environment
- Learn using real scenarios, varied examples, and systematic execution of the solutions
- Build variables and formulas to enhance the report calculation functionality such as if-then statements
- Use drill-down and drill-through tasks to perform detailed analysis
- Filter data using simple and advanced filters and advanced features such as input controls
This book will educate you on the best practices in SAP BusinessObjects reporting and analysis, including how to create enhanced report formatting and synchronize data sources in simple and easy ways.
The book starts by introducing a working Web Intelligence environment and its capabilities. Next, it moves on to creating queries, working with the formatting components, and explaining how to work with different types of data presentation such as tables and charts. The book then guides you through the main report functionality such as using filters, sorts, and calculations; merging data; and using formulas. The book also explains how to work with advanced features such as drills and hyperlinks.
This book will take you from the most basic level of how to build a query and elementary concepts such as the nature of data to the most advanced and updated reporting and formatting techniques.