Master the art of automating and managing your Windows environment using PowerShell
About This Book
- Construct scripts by following proven best practices to automate redundant tasks
- Delve into real-world examples to understand how to simplify the management of your Windows environment
- Get to grips with PowerShell's advanced functions and effectively administer your system
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator who wants to become an expert in controlling and automating your Windows environment, then this book is for you. Prior knowledge of PowerShell's core elements and applications is required for this book.
What You Will Learn
- Utilize variables, hashes, and arrays to store data
- Parse and manipulate different data types
- Optimize code through the use of functions, switches, and looping structures
- Create and implement regular expressions in PowerShell scripts
- Leverage session-based remote management
- Manage files, folders, and registries through the use of PowerShell
- Discover the best practices to manage Microsoft systems
PowerShell is quickly becoming the de facto standard for scripting in Microsoft Windows environments. It enables the automation of otherwise complex tasks, providing interactivity between different products.
Beginning with PowerShell fundamentals, this book progresses by imparting the advanced skills required to master automation. You will learn how to deal with data and operations on various data types and structures, and see the techniques of data manipulation and parsing. Moving on, you will learn about the usage of regular expressions and comparison operators. Error handling techniques will enable you to identify and eliminate errors. This book also provides best practices for scripting and techniques to reduce the amount of code required to complete tasks.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create a variety of PowerShell scripts and successfully automate your environment and become the go-to person.