Learning Apex Programming
Matt Kaufman, Michael Wicherski
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2015-01-29
- 售價: $1,460
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,387
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 300
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782173978
- ISBN-13: 9781782173977
Create business applications using Apex to extend and improve the usefulness of the Salesforce1 Platform
About This Book
- Create Apex triggers and classes and build interactive Visualforce pages
- Understand best practices and workarounds to platform limitations
- Hands-on examples that will help you create business applications using Apex quickly and efficiently
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who has some object-oriented programming experience, Learning Apex Programming is the perfect book for you. This book is most appropriate for developers who wish to gain an understanding of the Force.com platform and how to use Apex to create business applications.
What You Will Learn
- Create an Eclipse workspace and a sandbox, and learn about IDE best practices
- Write code within the limits of the platform and discover the best practices to stay out of trouble with queries
- Understand transactional and batch processes
- Discover classes and triggers and the best practices for using both
- Customize sites to display Visualforce pages to the world
- Integrate Google and Salesforce calendars
Starting with the syntax and common use cases for developing in Salesforce, this book will teach you how to create and deploy applications on the fly. You will learn how to approach new projects and learn the basics of Apex, including how to use Eclipse and the sandbox.
Salesforce limits and batch processes are explained in an easy-to-understand format, and you will gain a deep understanding of triggers, classes, test coverage, and Visualforce pages. You will also discover how you can share your Force.com data and code with the outside world and how to integrate with Google calendar using Apex.
Finally, the book covers the creation of real-world web service integrations with Salesforce.com; you will create a Force.com application from start to finish using Apex as the business logic. By the end of this book, you will know all the best practices for development using Apex.