Disaster Recovery using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager
$403VMware Virtual SAN權威指南(原書第2版)(Essential Virtual SAN Administrator's Guide to Vmware Virtual SAN Second Edition)
Learn to deploy and use vSphere Replication 5.5 as a standalone disaster recovery solution and to orchestrate disaster recovery using vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.5.
- Learn how to deploy and use vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution.
- Configure SRM to leverage array-based or vSphere replication engine.
- Use SRM to orchestrate the execution of recovery plans.
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager automates disaster recovery in a manner that no other solution does. It is programmed to leverage array-based replication and VMware's proprietary vSphere Replication engine.
This book will familiarize you with the concepts of disaster recovery using vCenter Site Recovery Manager and vSphere Replication.
You will learn how to deploy and confi gure vSphere Replication in the standalone mode to replicate virtual machines. You will also learn how to use vCenter Site Recovery Manager to leverage array-based replication or vSphere Replication, form Recovery Plans and orchestrate them to perform a test, Planned Migration, Failover, or Failback.
What you will learn from this book
- Familiarize yourself with disaster recovery concepts
- Deploy vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- Configure vCenter Site Recovery Manager to leverage array-based replication and vSphere Replication
- Enable the protection of virtual machines by creating Protection Groups
- Create and test Recovery Plans
- Migrate virtual machine workload to another site using Recovery Plans
- Perform a Failover in the event of a disaster
- Failback the virtual machines to the Protected Site
- Use vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution
This is a step-by-step guide that will help you understand disaster recovery using VMware vSphere Replication 5.5 and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.5. The topics and configuration procedures are accompanied with relevant screenshots, flow-charts, and logical diagrams that makes grasping the concepts easier.