Learning Informatica PowerCenter 9.x
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-12-30
- 售價: $1,586
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,507
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 362
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782176489
- ISBN-13: 9781782176480
About This Book
- Learn the functionalities of each component in the Informatica PowerCenter tool and deploy them to accomplish executive reporting using logical data stores
- Learn the core features of Informatica PowerCenter tool along with its administration and architectural aspects
- Develop skills to extract data and efficiently utilize it with the help of world's most widely used integration tool, and make a promising career in Informatica PowerCenter
Who This Book Is For
If you wish to deploy Informatica in enterprise environments and make a career in data warehousing, then this book is for you. Whether you are a developer who's new to Informatica or an experienced professional, you will learn all the features of Informatica. Basic knowledge of programming and data warehouse concepts is essential.
What You Will Learn
- Install the components of the Informatica PowerCenter tool and customize the user account
- Learn more about various graphical interface screens in Informatica
- Work on various sections of the tool, such as navigator, toolbar, workspace, control panel, and so on
- Leverage basic and advanced utilities, such as debugger, target load plan, and incremental aggregation to process data
- Implement data warehousing concepts such as schemas and SCDs using Informatica
- Migrate various components such as sources and targets to another region using the Designer and Repository Manager screens
- Enhance code performance using the tips such as pushdown optimization and partitioning
Informatica PowerCenter provides the perfect platform to utilize and leverage business data. It allows you to easily, conveniently, and efficiently work on different types of data.
This book covers functionality such as creating/importing source and target, identifying errors, and debugging your mapping through a series of comprehensive tutorials. Besides learning about types of Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCDs), you will learn to create and link workflows. As you progress, exhaustive knowledge of transformations and techniques to create folders, migrate code, and optimize system performance will be explored in detail.
The step-by-step approach and adoption of real-time scenarios will guide you through effectively accessing all core functionalities offered by Informatica PowerCenter.