Delve into the SAP Data Services environment to efficiently prepare, implement, and develop ETL processes
About This Book
- Install and configure the SAP Data Services environment
- Develop ETL techniques in the Data Services environment
- Implement real-life examples of Data Services uses through step-by-step instructions to perform specific ETL development tasks
Who This Book Is For
This book is for IT technical engineers who want to get familiar with the EIM solutions provided by SAP for ETL development and data quality management. The book requires familiarity with basic programming concepts and basic knowledge of the SQL language.
What You Will Learn
- Install, configure, and administer the SAP Data Services components
- Run through the ETL design basics
- Maximize the performance of your ETL with the advanced patterns in Data Services
- Extract methods from various databases and systems
- Get familiar with the transformation methods available in SAP Data Services
- Load methods into various databases and systems
- Code with the Data Services scripting language
- Validate and cleanse your data, applying the Data quality methods of the Information Steward
Want to cost effectively deliver trusted information to all of your crucial business functions? SAP Data Services delivers one enterprise-class solution for data integration, data quality, data profiling, and text data processing. It boosts productivity with a single solution for data quality and data integration. SAP Data Services also enables you to move, improve, govern, and unlock big data.
This book will lead you through the SAP Data Services environment to efficiently develop ETL processes. To begin with, you'll learn to install, configure, and prepare the ETL development environment. You will get familiarized with the concepts of developing ETL processes with SAP Data Services. Starting from smallest unit of work- the data flow, the chapters will lead you to the highest organizational unit―the Data Services job, revealing the advanced techniques of ETL design.
You will learn to import XML files by creating and implementing real-time jobs. It will then guide you through the ETL development patterns that enable the most effective performance when extracting, transforming, and loading data. You will also find out how to create validation functions and transforms.
Finally, the book will show you the benefits of data quality management with the help of another SAP solution―Information Steward.
Style and approach
This book is an easy-to-follow guide with step-by-step instructions to perform specific ETL development tasks.