Learn everything you need to know to get started with VMware Fusion
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Understand how to keep your Virtual Machine secure
- See what’s new in VMware Fusion 6 from previous versions
- Get a quick, concise, and easy introduction to VMWare Fusion
Running Windows on your Mac can seem complicated, but this book will make things easy by showing you how to get the most out of VMware Fusion. Having a virtual copy of Windows on your Mac can let you make a secure backup of your files and run Windows applications, which makes your computer more versatile.
This book will show you how to start running Windows on your Mac, with practical examples of how to keep your Virtual Machine secure, backed up, and running smoothly. You will learn about the new features of VMware Fusion 6 and where to get help and support for the software when you need it.
This book will walk you through what you need to know to safely and securely run Windows on your Mac. It then proceeds to show you how to upgrade to Windows 8, and shows you how you can seamlessly switch between Windows 7 and Windows 8 using snapshots. Next, it covers all that you need to know to safely and securely run Windows on a Mac computer with Intel processors. You will also learn how to manage your Virtual Machine backups and keep your VM safe.
The recipes in this book will give you a helpful head start in getting the most out of VMware Fusion 6.
What you will learn from this book
- Install Windows 7 directly from Microsoft using the trial version
- Upgrade your Windows 7 Virtual Machine to Windows 8
- Effectively back up your Virtual Machine
- Back up your Windows files easily using Time Machine
- Discover and learn about the many features of snapshots
- Keep your old PC alive by cloning it into a Virtual Machine
- Discover the best places to find help and resources for VMware Fusion
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This book is a hands-on, practical guide that will help readers to understand the various capabilities of VMware Fusion with the help of real-world examples.
Who this book is written for
This book is a must for every Mac user out there who is in the process of transitioning from Windows to OS X. Whether you're new to Fusion or you've been using it for years, there's something new for everyone to learn.