From the core concepts of cloud computing to the fundamentals of Oracle Public Cloud services, this book is the complete guide for those who want to develop or migrate applications to the cloud.
- Get to grips with the core concepts of Cloud computing and Oracle Public Cloud services
- Learn the best practices to be followed while using Oracle Public Cloud
- This book will reveal the power of Oracle Public Cloud and show you how you can use this power to your advantage
After the emergence of Cloud computing, most commercial applications either migrated or are the candidates to be migrated to the cloud. All big players in the market are providing their cloud services to consumers and Oracle offers the most complete range of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud services.
"Getting Started with Oracle Public Cloud" is a hands-on guide that provides you with a practical and informative coverage of Oracle Public Cloud Services, including the Transition Service, Java Cloud Service, Database Cloud Service, Storage Cloud Service, and Messaging Cloud Service.
In this book, you will start with the essential concepts of Cloud computing and Oracle Public Cloud, and Oracle Public Cloud services. You will then learn about Oracle Managed Cloud services and their component services. You will also learn about the Oracle Cloud Transition service in detail. Next, you will cover the various components of the Oracle Database Cloud service, how to use the Oracle Application Express application building tool, and the management and creation of the Oracle Database Cloud service. You will also learn the various operations that can be performed on the Oracle Database Cloud service and the security aspects of the Oracle Database Cloud service. The essential part of Oracle Public Cloud is its services; you will become a master of these. You will also be provided with the best practices to be followed for application development, deployment, and usage to achieve optimal performance and a secure environment for your consumer’s application and data. By following Getting Started with Oracle Public Cloud, you will get to grips with the strong fundamentals and be clued up with sufficient details to enable you to start using these services for your application to be developed or migrated to the cloud.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand thecore concepts of cloud computing
- Master Oracle Public Cloud and its offered services
- Explore the architecture of Oracle Public Cloud
- Learn the importance of Oracle Managed Cloud services and Transition Services in Oracle Public Cloud
- Get to grips with the usage and management of the Oracle Application Express and Database service
- Discover the advantages, features, and usage of the Storage and Messaging cloud service
- Learn about the usage and management of Java cloud service
A step-by step tutorial to get started with Oracle Public Cloud and its services
Who this book is written for
This book is targeted at users who wish to explore the Oracle Public Cloud services. Readers should be well aware of Java Enterprise Edition, Oracle Database, and JMS.