Oracle APEX Cookbook, 2/e（Paperback）
Marcel Van Der Plas, Michel Van Zoest
Get straight into developing modern web applications, including mobile, using the recipes in this brilliant cookbook for Oracle Application Express (APEX). From the basics to more advanced features, it's a reference book and guide in one.
- With HTML5 and CSS3 support, make the most out of the possibilities that APEX has to offer
- Part of Packt's Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
Oracle Application Express (APEX) is a powerful, productive tool that helps you create modern web applications. The goal is to make everything declarative so the developer can reduce the amount of coding. With the jQuery mobile templates included, it is now also possible to create web applications for mobile devices, supporting mobile specific functionalities such as touch events.
"Oracle APEX 4.2 Cookbook : Second Edition" covers all the details of Application Express, giving you complete control over the new features. It shows you how to create web applications, while explaining you the concepts and bringing out useful tips and techniques to make learning interesting for you.
In this second edition, you will learn how to modify themes and templates and how to use the new HTML5 and CSS3 features. You will also learn how to create visual effects such as tool tips and fading options. Furthermore, topics such as web services, publishing, administration, team development, and web sheets will be covered.
This book will show you how to be agile in the development of your web applications by using team development, debugging, and third-party tools. After reading this book, you will be able to create feature-rich web applications in Application Express 4.2 with ease and confidence.
What you will learn from this book
- Produce feature-rich web applications in APEX 4.2
- Create smartphone applications using jQuery Mobile
- Use HTML5 and CSS3 in APEX
- Generate RESTful web services
- Working with the latest available plug-in types
- Make the development process easier by enhancing error handling
- Developing HTML5 and CSS3 supported web applications
- Follow hands-on examples to make the most out of the possibilities that APEX has to offer
As a Cookbook, this book enables you to create APEX web applications and to implement features with immediately usable recipes that unleash the powerful functionality of Oracle APEX 4.2. Each recipe is presented as a separate, standalone entity and the reading of other, prior recipes is not required.
It can be seen as a reference and a practical guide to APEX development.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed both at developers new to the APEX environment and at intermediate developers. More advanced developers will also gain from the information at hand.
If you are new to APEX you will find recipes to start development and if you are an experienced user you will find ways to improve your productivity and efficiency and make the most of APEX to enhance your applications.