Getting Started with Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-05-20
- 售價: $1,040
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $988
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 122
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782179933
- ISBN-13: 9781782179931
Everything you need for understanding and working with Lync 2013 in a fast-paced manner
- Understand and deliver the top required features such as Enterprise Voice, Persistent Chat, and mobility with step-by-step guides
- Deploy a working environment applying load balancing and fault tolerant solutions
- Create a collaborative space around the user’s needs, containing all the information and document history using the Persistent Chat Server
Lync 2013 is a product that enables users to IM, and have audio and video conferences, including multi-party video. The mobile client permits the use of all the features in every device with an access-from-everywhere logic. The company’s Active Directory users, SharePoint documents, and Exchange objects integrate with Lync to deliver most of the advanced features.
Getting Started with Microsoft Lync Server 2013 will give you all the relevant information you need to enable voice features, select the best Lync client in different scenarios, make your Lync services available to the external users, empower the collaborative environment of Persistent Chat Server rooms, and to build an affordable unified communication system.
Getting Started with Microsoft Lync Server 2013 will explore all the concepts you need to administer and plan a Lync 2013 environment in a short time, explaining the background mechanisms of the system.It begins with the deployment of a Lync frontend and SQL mirroring solution, including all the requirements and tips clearly laid out. It proceeds with the Front End pairing, mobility, and mediation server deployment with media bypass. It covers a core chapter about Enterprise Voice with a closing part on Persistent Chat and on clients with their characteristics.
Getting Started with Microsoft Lync Server 2013 will give you all the relevant information you need to enable voice features, and will help to select the best Lync client in different scenarios.
What you will learn from this book
- Install a Lync 2013 Enterprise Pool with SQL mirroring
- Make Lync available to external users in a secure manner with reverse proxy and Edge
- Install and optimize the mediation server role
- Get started with Enterprise Voice and user phone numbers
- Organize Voice Policies, PSTN Usage Records, and Voice Routes
- Deploy a Persistent Chat Server with categories, chat rooms, and privacy
- Select the best available client for the different usage scenarios
This book has a practical approach with a lot of step-by-step guides and explanations as to where and why we’re doing the various operations.
Who this book is written for
Getting Started with Microsoft Lync Server 2013 is a starting point for system administrators, IT pros, unified communication technicians, and decision makers in companies or in the consultancy business. For people who have never managed Lync (or a U.C. product), the book will guide you through the basic concepts and mistakes. If you are already managing a Lync deployment you will find important explanations and ideas put together in a single text. If your work requires evaluating a Lync project this book offers parameters and suggestions to plan a project to deliver the best results.