Instant 960 Grid System
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-09-23
- 售價: $840
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $798
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 52
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783280735
- ISBN-13: 9781783280735
Learn to create websites for mobile devices using the 960 Grid System!
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Lay out your website in Photoshop using the 960 Grid System
- Set up an environment to apply grids to the code
- Convert the layout to medium and small screens
Grid systems were an integral part of World War II, helping graphic designers to achieve coherency in devising a flexible system. This book exploits the vast potential of grid systems to create organized and properly aligned websites for mobile platforms.
Instant 960 Grid System is a practical, hands-on guide explaining how to build a website using 960.gs targeting mobile devices, from tablets to smartphones.
This book shows you how to build quick and organized websites, clearing out the confusion that surrounds column allocation. It will take you through a number of clear and practical exercises that will help you to take advantage of the 960 Grid Systems.
You will also learn how to build your own portfolio, starting with the layout in Photoshop to the final product available in HTML. If you want to understand and familiarize yourself with how to use the 960 Grid System and at the same time want to prepare your website quickly to run on smartphones and tablets, then this book is for you. Not only will it cover the creation of a quickly-produced neat and concise website for different platforms, but it will also teach you how to make it responsive.
What you will learn from this book
- Download the 960 Grid System
- Choose the right number of columns for the project
- Use a Photoshop template
- Prepare code to be used in the 960 Grid System
- Understand the classes of the 960 Grid System frameworks
- Download the 960 Fluid Grid Systems
- Convert your website to small and medium screen platforms
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. Instant 960 Grid System uses step-by-step instructions, covering the basic understanding needed to create a quick, high quality responsive website prototype using the 960 Grid System.
Who this book is written for
The book is intended for beginner web developers and information architects looking to create a quick responsive website prototype. Basic knowledge of web development and a little understanding of grids is encouraged.