$408深入淺出 MFC, 2/e
Create modern, professional templates using the template framework for Joomla! 3.x
- Improve the usability of Joomla! Template Manager by installing and enabling a downloaded template, changing the logo, and adding a slogan
- Set up a workflow and development environment for Joomla! template design
- Create custom templates for that unique website look
Joomla! is a free and open source content management framework for publishing web content. A Joomla! template is a multifaceted Joomla! extension which is responsible for the layout, design, and structure of a Joomla! powered website. Modern Joomla! 3 frameworks use the responsive layout based on Twitter's Bootstrap framework and its collection of utility classes to provide a great degree of flexibility for responsive web design.
This practical, hands-on guide will walk you through clear, step-by-step instructions to help you build your very own custom Joomla! template. Find out what steps you need to take to sell your template and learn some extra tips and tricks to make your templates stand out and improve the overall look of your website.
This example-oriented tutorial will show you how to quickly and painlessly create websites on your own and give them a professional look. You will begin by developing an understanding of how Joomla! templates work, how to install new ones, and how to configure them. You will also master the Joomla! template framework, which can be used as a foundation for creating your own templates. Having gained this insight, you will then begin building your own template from scratch. Advanced styling tricks and tips that will give your websites a unique look are also covered. Finally, you will learn how to modify an existing template to meet your own needs and prepare your Joomla! template for sale.
What you will learn from this book
- Utilize the Joomla! Template Manager
- Create custom templates based on the Joomla! template framework
- Override the default layout
- Prepare your Joomla! template for ease of sale
- Modify an existing template
- Add arresting CSS3 effects
- Employ custom style sheets in templates
- Present news and images using modules
Using this hands-on, step-by step tutorial filled with practical examples, the readers will be able to create beautiful templates and themes for your websites that will make them stand out from others.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for all of you who wish to create your own unique templates for Joomla! 3.x. This book can be used by Joomla! administrators or visual designers (with no programming experience) or those of you who are used to working with common web developer tools like HTML/CSS editors for coding purposes. You would need basic knowledge of Joomla! and some knowledge of CSS and HTML.