With your knowledge of Java and this guide, you can take the analysis of your big data to new levels using Pentaho. Covers all the essentials tools, techniques, tips, and tricks in one handy volume.
- A guide to using Pentaho Business Analytics for big data analysis
- Learn Pentaho’s visualization and reporting tools with practical examples and tips
- Precise insights into churning big data into meaningful knowledge with Pentaho
Pentaho accelerates the realization of value from big data with the most complete solution for big data analytics and data integration. The real power of big data analytics is the abstraction between data and analytics. Data can be distributed across the cluster in various formats, and the analytics platform should have the capability to talk to different heterogeneous data stores and fetch the filtered data to enrich its value.
Pentaho Big Data Analytics is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with clear, step-by-step exercises for using Pentaho to take advantage of big data systems, where data beats algorithm, and gives you a good grounding in using Pentaho Business Analytics’ capabilities.
This book looks at the key ingredients of the Pentaho Business Analytics platform. We will see how to prepare the Pentaho BI environment, and get to grips with the big data ecosystem through Hadoop and Pentaho MapReduce. The book provides a clear guide to the essential tools of Pentaho Business Analytics, providing familiarity with both the various design tools for setting up reports, and the visualization tools necessary for complete data analysis.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with the Pentaho suite
- Explore the basics of Big Data and its business context
- Set up a Pentaho business analytics server
- Consume Big Data on HDFS platform using Pentaho Data Integration
- Create visualization with Pentaho's tools
- Distinguish signal from noise with Pentaho's Data Analytics capabilities
- Design and set up your own Pentaho dashboard
- Move from data to analytics in just a few steps with Community Dashboard Framework (CDF)
The book is a practical guide, full of step-by-step examples that are easy to follow and implement.
Who this book is written for
This book is for developers, system administrators, and business intelligence professionals looking to learn how to get more out of their data through Pentaho. In order to best engage with the examples, some knowledge of Java will be required.