Android SQLite Essentials
Sunny Kumar Aditya, Vikash Kumar Karn
About This Book
- Develop database-driven Android applications and stay ahead of the curve
- Explore the best techniques to use cursors and loaders to achieve optimum results
- A step-by-step approach to use SQLite for building Android applications
Who This Book Is For
This is an ideal book for Android programmers who want to explore SQLite databases based on Android applications. The general competency level expected of the reader is prior knowledge of developing applications and basic knowledge of Android and SQL.
What You Will Learn
- Design and develop an Android SQLite database architecture
- Learn the basic principles of a database and include them in your applications
- Get familiar with Android support classes with examples highlighting their uses
- Create cutting-edge, database-driven applications in no time
- Use SQLiteOpenHelper and SQLiteDatabase methods with Android views
- Make use of ContentProvider to share your data
- Use Loaders and SimpleCursorAdapter in your applications
SQLite is an open source relational database management system. Android uses the SQLite database to store and retrieve data persistently. The driving force behind the platform is the database, enabling a myriad of choices for developers making cutting-edge applications.
Android SQLite Essentials focuses on the core concepts behind building database-driven applications. This book covers the basic and advanced topics with equivalent simplicity and detail, in order to enable readers to quickly grasp and implement the concepts to build an application database.
This book takes a hands-on, example-based approach to help readers understand the core topics of SQLite and Android database-driven applications. This book focuses on providing you with latent as well as widespread knowledge about practices and approaches towards development in an easily understandable manner.