concrete5 for Developers
Sufyan bin Uzayr
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-11-03
- 售價: $850
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $808
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 100
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783283556
- ISBN-13: 9781783283552
About This Book
- Utilize concrete5 as a CMS to its optimum potential
- Master advanced topics such as theme and block development, as well as concrete5 attributes
- The book gives special emphasis to concrete5's features from a developer's perspective, including packages and add-ons
Who This Book Is For
Whether you have had some previous experience with concrete5 or are entirely new to it, this book will help you understand all that you need to know in order to get started with concrete5 development. A background in PHP is required; some knowledge of HTML/CSS is needed in order to fully grasp the concepts underlying concrete5 theme development.
What You Will Learn
- Offer your concrete5 themes for sale in the official marketplace
- Develop advanced blocks for complex and feature-rich interactive websites
- Perform database actions, especially for power users building advanced websites
- Override the default functionality of concrete5
- Store data in concrete5 by means of attributes and attribute types
- Work with the permission system of concrete5
- Build blocks for concrete5 in order to use them on your websites
- Create themes and templates ready for concrete5 from HTML templates
Among the various PHP-based content management systems, concrete5 has been rising in popularity. The CMS in itself is neither very bloated nor very limiting, thereby making concrete5 an ideal pick for building websites and a hit among developers.
concrete5 for Developers discusses concrete5 development and web development with this PHP-based CMS. It starts with theme development for concrete5, and also explains ways to convert your existing HTML designs into templates ready for use with concrete5. Special emphasis is laid on the MVC framework in concrete5.
This book follows an easy-to-grasp model with a step-by-step approach. Each topic is explained at length and is followed and supplemented by examples in code, followed in turn by an explanation of the sample code.