Natural Language Processing with Java and LingPipe Cookbook
Breck Baldwin, Krishna Dayanidhi
About This Book
- Build effective natural language processing applications
- Transit from ad-hoc methods to advanced machine learning techniques
- Use advanced techniques such as logistic regression, conditional random fields, and latent Dirichlet allocation
Who This Book Is For
This book is for experienced Java developers with NLP needs, whether academics, industrialists, or hobbyists. A basic knowledge of NLP terminology will be beneficial.
What You Will Learn
- Master a broad range of classification techniques for text data
- Track people, concepts, and things in data, within and across documents
- Understand the importance of evaluation in creation of NLP applications and how to do it
- Yield best practices for common text-analytics problems
- Tune systems for high performance and trade off various aspects of the performance curve
- Become a master in customizing NLP systems at all levels
- Build systems for non-tokenized languages such as Chinese and Japanese
NLP is at the core of web search, intelligent personal assistants, marketing, and much more, and LingPipe is a toolkit for processing text using computational linguistics.
This book starts with the foundational but powerful techniques of language identification, sentiment classifiers, and evaluation frameworks. It goes on to detail how to build a robust framework to solve common NLP problems, before ending with advanced techniques for complex heterogeneous NLP systems.
This is a recipe and tutorial book for experienced Java developers with NLP needs. A basic knowledge of NLP terminology will be beneficial. This book will guide you through the process of how to build NLP apps with minimal fuss and maximal impact.