Apache Accumulo for Developers
Guðmundur Jón Halldórsson
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-10-13
- 售價: $1,160
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,102
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 120
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783285990
- ISBN-13: 9781783285990
Discover how to build Accumulo, Hadoop, and ZooKeeper clusters from scratch on both Windows and Linux. With this book's examples-based approach, you'll learn the painless way through clear instructions and real-world exercises.
- Shows you how to build Accumulo, Hadoop, and ZooKeeper clusters from scratch on both Windows and Linux
- Allows you to get hands-on knowledge about how to run Accumulo on Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Rackspace, and Windows Azure Cloud platforms
- Packed with practical examples to enable you to manipulate Accumulo with ease
Accumulo is a sorted and distributed key/value store designed to handle large amounts of data. Being highly robust and scalable, its performance makes it ideal for real-time data storage. Apache Accumulo is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.
Apache Accumulo for Developers is your guide to building an Accumulo cluster both as a single-node and multi-node, on-site and in the cloud. Accumulo has been proven to be able to handle petabytes of data, with cell-level security, and real-time analyses so this is your step by step guide in taking full advantage of this power.
Apache Accumulo for Developers looks at the process of setting up three systems - Hadoop, ZooKeeper, and Accumulo – and configuring, monitoring, and securing them.
You will learn to connect Accumulo to both Hadoop and ZooKeeper. You will also learn how to monitor the cluster (single-node or multi-node) to find any performance bottlenecks, and then integrate to Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Rackspace, and Windows Azure. When integrating with these cloud platforms, we will focus on scripting as well.
You will also learn to troubleshoot clusters with monitoring tools, and use Accumulo cell-level security to secure your data.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Hadoop, ZooKeeper, and Accumulo
- Monitor clusters - both performance and application logs
- Secure your data in Accumulo
- Optimize Hadoop, ZooKeeper, and Accumulo performance
- Integrate to various cloud platforms
- Use the Accumulo command-line shell
- Employ Ganglina to monitor the cluster and Graylog2 to monitor application logs
- Understand what tools are needed to optimize Accumulo performance
The book will have a tutorial-based approach that will show the readers how to start from scratch with building an Accumulo cluster and learning how to monitor the system and implement aspects such as security.
Who this book is written for
This book is great for developers new to Accumulo, who are looking to get a good grounding in how to use Accumulo. It's assumed that you have an understanding of how Hadoop works, both HDFS and the Map/Reduce. No prior knowledge of ZooKeeper is assumed.