Magento Extensions Development
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2016-06-30
- 售價: $1,300
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,235
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 240
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783286776
- ISBN-13: 9781783286775
- Deploy a complete real-world extension step by step
- Construct your extension with the best and most up-to-date development methods
- Learn about team working and code sharing
Magento has been revealed as the best and the most popular open source e-commerce platform in the world, with about 250k+ online stores. Magento 2 is the most recent version of this awesome toolset: every new and modern development techniques are used to offer a real modular approach and powerful architecture.
The book will support you in the writing of innovative and complex extensions. Starting from the beginning, we will cover how to set up a development environment that allows you to be really efficient in your functionality writing, including GIT registering and many other development tools. We then move on to provide a large overview of the best practices to scale your module in a high-load environment.
After these foundations, you will see how to use test driven-development (TDD) and unit tests to handle your code. We then build a complex extension together, step by step, and internationally-ready. Next, you will find out how to protect the users' data. Finally, we will take a look a publishing the extension on the new Magento Connect marketplace and how to protect your intellectual property.
After you read this book, you will know everything you need to know to become an invaluable extension editor, whether it is for your customers' needs or for your own requirements.
What you will learn
- Build a fully-functional complex extension to add new functionality to Magento
- Register your code with GIT and work with your team
- Write new layouts and templates
- Set up a fully configurable grid and forms in the backend
- Create code unit tests and run them through TDD
- Propose localized contents
- Develop optimized extensions for a high-load environment
- Publish extensions on the Magento Connect Marketplace
About the Author
Jeremie Bouchet is a French backend web developer and entrepreneur, who began his career by selling fair music. With his certification (Jeremie obtained the Magento Certified Developer certification in 2012) and his skills and knowledge of each side of the trade, Jeremie has all the keys to make a success of numerous Magento projects, by working on various complex functionalities.
He is a cofounder of Blackbird Agency (http://black.bird.eu), a web agency specializing in Magento projects and e-commerce challenges.
He initiated and managed other exciting projects in his city, such as a coworking space designed for web freelancers (https://quai10.org) or the http://whomadethis.site website, a web service that helps people to know who made a website.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Extension Development
- Deeper Extension Development
- Best Practices and Scaling for the Web
- Magento and Test-driven Development
- Optimizing for Speed and Measuring Conversion Rates
- Module Creation Etiquette
- Optimization for Teamwork Development
- Magento Marketplace