Adam D. Ruppe
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-05-18
- 售價: $1,560
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,482
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 362
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783287217
- ISBN-13: 9781783287215
For experienced programmers this book is a journey into D, the language that can dramatically improve your productivity and capabilities. Learning is engaging and straightforward, thanks to the ‘How to do it’/’How it works’ approach.
- Leverage D to write efficient and correct programs with minimum code
- Learn advanced code generation techniques to automate programming tasks
- See how to apply D idioms to real-world problems and understand how it can benefit you
D is a modern programming language that uses the familiar C family syntax while offering advanced modeling capabilities, safety guarantees, programmer productivity, and high efficiency. It helps you to get the most out of your hardware and your programmers simultaneously, saving both development and deployment costs.
This practical guide will walk you through getting the work done with D, from writing your first program to writing advanced autogenerated objects, with notes based on real-world experiences telling you about potential pitfalls and how to avoid them. You'll use some of the third-party libraries available for D to get code working fast, including access to database engines, image processing, and more.
What you will learn from this book
- Use the D programming language from "Hello World" to bare metal code
- Gain an insight into avoiding the garbage collector and understand its pros and cons in real-world code examples
- Discover how to use D's abstraction abilities to make the most of its efficient and easy resource management capabilities
- Implement and use ranges, a D idiom for lazy sequence implementation with decoupled generic algorithms
- Explore a variety of third-party libraries available to get your work done faster
- Integrate D into existing C, C++, and other environments
- Prove program correctness with static analysis and test-driven development
A recipe-packed reference guide filled with practical tasks that are concisely explained to develop and broaden the user's abilities with the D programming language.
Who this book is written for
If you are an experienced programmer who is looking to explore a language that offers plenty of advantages over more established programming languages, this is the book for you. We assume that you are already familiar with general programming language basics, but you do not need to be a proficient user of D.