Learning Image Processing with OpenCV
Gloria Bueno Garcia, Oscar Deniz Suarez, Jose Luis Espinosa Aranda, Jesus Salido Tercero, Ismael Serrano Gracia
Exploit the amazing features of OpenCV to create powerful image processing applications through easy-to-follow examples
About This Book
- Learn how to build full-fledged image processing applications using free tools and libraries
- Take advantage of cutting-edge image processing functionalities included in OpenCV v3
- Understand and optimize various features of OpenCV with the help of easy-to-grasp examples
Who This Book Is For
If you are a competent C++ programmer and want to learn the tricks of image processing with OpenCV, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of image processing is required.
What You Will Learn
- Create OpenCV programs with rich user interfaces
- Grasp basic concepts and tasks in image processing such as image types, pixel access techniques, and arithmetic operations with images and histograms
- Explore useful image processing techniques such as filtering, smoothing, sharpening, denoising, morphology, and geometrical transformations
- Get to know handy algorithms such as inpainting and LUTs
- Leverage the color manipulation features of OpenCV to optimize image processing
- Discover how to process a video and the main techniques involved such as stabilization, stitching, and even superresolution
- Understand the new computational photography module that covers high-dynamic range imaging, seamless cloning, decolorization, and non-photorealistic rendering
OpenCV, arguably the most widely used computer vision library, includes hundreds of ready-to-use imaging and vision functions and is used in both academia and enterprises.
This book provides an example-based tour of OpenCV's main image processing algorithms. Starting with an exploration of library installation, wherein the library structure and basics of image and video reading/writing are covered, you will dive into image filtering and the color manipulation features of OpenCV with LUTs. You'll then be introduced to techniques such as inpainting and denoising to enhance images as well as the process of HDR imaging. Finally, you'll master GPU-based accelerations. By the end of this book, you will be able to create smart and powerful image processing applications with ease! All the topics are described with short, easy-to-follow examples.