PhoneGap 3.x Mobile Application Development Hotshot
Create useful and exciting real-world apps for iOS and Android devices with 12 fantastic projects with this book and ebook.
- Use PhoneGap 3.x effectively to build real, functional mobile apps ranging from productivity apps to a simple arcade game
- Explore often-used design patterns in apps designed for mobile devices
- Fully practical, project-based approach to give you the confidence in developing your app independently
This book will present you with 12 exciting projects that will introduce you to the dynamic world of app development in PhoneGap. Starting with their design and following through to their completion, you will develop real-world mobile applications. Each app uses a combination of core PhoneGap technologies, plugins, and various frameworks covering the necessary concepts you can use to create many more great apps for mobile devices.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore localization and globalization
- Create, save, and retrieve data using persistent device storage
- Record audio using a microphone
- Capture images and video using a camera
- Share content to social media networks
- Optimize your app for tablet-sized devices
- Locate the user's device using geolocation
- Interact with the accelerometer to create a fun arcade game
- Use core and third-party plugins to extend PhoneGap
- Look at mobile application design patterns
A practical guide written in a tutorial-style, this book walks you step-by-step through 12 individual projects to create real world apps. Each project moves through design and implementation of the app, and also provides suggestions to enhance it.
Who this book is written for