Daniel Manchón Vizuete
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-09-29
- 定價: $1,252
- 售價: 7.3 折 $920
- 貴賓價: 7.0 折 $874
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 60
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783289457
- ISBN-13: 9781783289455
$403嵌入式 Linux 編程
Automate the building process of your embedded system and ease the cross-compilation process with Buildroot
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Install the Linux kernel configuration and driver along with useful packages such as QT GUI, a web server, and a Telnet remote access server
- Generate embedded Linux system images
- Install and configure the U-Boot bootloader
Nowadays, there is a computer in almost any device that you can imagine. These low power,task-specific machines are programmed usually to execute very specific tasks. The most common way to build this software is using Linux, but some fine-tuning is needed to fit your specifications in such restrained machines. This is where Buildroot really comes into its ownas a great tool to generate and configure a Linux system, as it allows you to tune your system in every way to be small, fast, efficient, and safe.
Instant Buildroot is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear, step-by-step recipes which will help you to build your own custom embedded system that meets all of your requirements in terms of size, speed, and software functionality.
Instant Buildroot uses practical examples and step-by-step recipes to help you generate, configure, and deploy a Linux system in any target machine. This book will get you started with generating your system depending on your target hardware and will help you compile and configure the right bootloader options that fit your requirements. You will also learn how to add support to your board peripherals using Linux modules and finally how to install common software packages like QT GUI or a light web server.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Buildroot on your Linux machine
- Install an embedded system on Raspberry Pi
- Set up U-Boot to work with Raspberry Pi
- Configure Linux kernel options to fit your hardware devices
- Install QT, web server, SSH, and Telnet packages on your system
- Prepare your system to work with JFFS2, NFS, and EXT filesytems
- Use QEMU to emulate and test your generated images
- Configure your system at boot time using kernel argsuments
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A concise guide full of step-by-step recipes to help you learn how to generate and configure an embedded Linux system using Buildroot.
Who this book is written for
Instant Buildroot is for developers who want to know how to use Buildroot tools to generate and configure their own embedded system. It is assumed that the reader has some experience with Linux and basic programming and is familiar with basic hardware development boards.