Learning NGUI for Unity
About This Book
- Get to grips with NGUI for both PC and mobile devices
- Create fully functional 2D and 3D cross-platform user interfaces
- A step-by-step guide, full of examples to help you quickly build widgets and user-friendly GUI for your games
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Unity 3D developer who wants to create an effective and user-friendly GUI using NGUI for Unity, then this book is for you. Prior knowledge of C# scripting is expected; however, no knowledge of NGUI is required.
What You Will Learn
- Build customizable 2D and 3D in-game user interfaces
- Use NGUI to save options, implement volume modification, launch animations, and change variables
- Enhance your UI using draggable panels, animations, content alignment, and localization
- Implement your own sprites and fonts to customize your user interface
- Move elements through code and handle collisions to create a game
- Create an effective and user-friendly cross-platform main menu
- Deal with different screen sizes and aspect ratios
NGUI is a robust UI system both powerful and optimized. It is an effective plugin for Unity, which gives you the power to create beautiful and complex user interfaces while reducing performance costs.
This book is a practical tutorial that will guide you through creating a fully functional and localized main menu along with 2D and 3D in-game user interfaces. The book starts by teaching you about NGUI's workflow and creating a basic UI, before gradually moving on to building widgets and enhancing your UI. You will then switch to the Android platform to take care of different issues mobile devices may encounter. By the end of this book, you will have the knowledge to create ergonomic user interfaces for your existing and future PC or mobile games and applications developed with Unity 3D and NGUI.