Unity 2D Game Development Cookbook
Over 50 hands-on recipes that leverage the features of Unity to help you create 2D games and game prototypes
About This Book
- Create 2D games right from importing assets to setting them up in Unity and adding them to your game scenes.
- Program the game logic and events as well as the game controls and user interface using the, C# scripting language and Monodevelop.
- A step-by-step guide written in a practical format to take advantage of the many features available in Unity.
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for both professionals game developers and hobbist who are interested in making games with Unity. Users are expected to have knowledge of basics / fundamentals of unity 2D game development and should have a working knowledge of C#.
What You Will Learn
- Import files from other popular software into Unity: Textures, Models, Animations, and Audio clips
- Build up an actual game scene with cameras, lights, and the logic to control the game flow
- Manage collisions, and implement physics and game controls
- Make prefabs and instantiate them as game objects in the game scene
- Import and configure music and sound effects to be added to your games
- Design and control the user interface with the built-in methods of Unity
Unity is a powerful game development engine that provides rich functionalities to create 2D and 3D games.
Unity 2D Game Development Cookbook is a practical guide to creating games with Unity. The book aims to serve the purpose of exploring problematic concepts in Unity for 2D game development, offering over 50 recipes that are easy to understand and to implement, thanks to the step-by-step explanations and the custom assets provided. The practical recipes provided in the book show clearly and concisely how to do things right in Unity. By the end of this book, you'll be near "experts" when dealing with Unity. You will also understand how to resolve issues and be able to comfortably offer solutions for 2D game development.