Kali Linux Wireless Penetration Testing Cookbook
- Expose wireless security threats through the eyes of an attacker,
- Recipes to help you proactively identify vulnerabilities and apply intelligent remidiation,
- Acquire and apply key wireless pentesting skills used by industry skills
More and more organizations are moving towards wireless networks and Wi-Fi is popularly adopted in market. The security of wireless networks is important than ever before due to widespread usage of WiFi networks. This book will have recipes that will enable you to maximize the success of your wireless network testing using advanced ethical hacking features of Kali Linux.
This book will depict techniques associated with a wide range of wireless penetration tasks that include WLAN discovery scanning, WEP cracking, WPA/WPA2 cracking, attacking access point systems, operating system identification, vulnerability mapping, and validation of identified findings. You will learn how to utilize the arsenal of tools available in Kali Linux to conquer any wireless networking environment. You will also be shown how to identify remote services, how to assess security risks, and how various attacks are performed. By finishing the recipes, you will feel confident in conducting wireless penetration tests and protect yourself or your organization from wireless security threats.
What you will learn
- Deploy and configure a Wireless Cyber Lab that resembles an Enterprise Production Environment
- Install Kali Linux 16.2 on your laptop and configure the wireless adapter
- Learn the fundamentals behind commonly used wireless penetration testing techniques
- Scan and enumerate Wireless LANs and access points
- Use vulnerability mapping techniques and validation of identified findings
- Attack Wireless Access Points to gain access to critical networks