About This Book
- Learn how to build secure mobile enterprise apps from scratch using PhoneGap
- Understand PhoneGap's framework, including common issues and their resolutions, and become the go-to person in your organization
- A concise guide that walks you through the best practices to build a secure enterprise application
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Develop cross-platform mobile enterprise apps using PhoneGap
- Understand the PhoneGap system and app architecture
- Communicate between the mobile device and the backend using XHR and WebSockets for data transmission
- Build a middle tier using Node.js to connect to the data store
- Discover how PhoneGap allows you to whitelist trusted domains
- Handle online/offline states by learning how to handle application and network status events
This book covers the necessary concepts you'll need to build useful, rich, secure enterprise apps for mobile devices, and also explains portions of an example enterprise app development so that you have a working demonstration of the concepts in the book.
The book focuses heavily on security concepts such as authorization, SSL and certificates, source code protection, local data store encryption, and so on, as ensuring a secure channel of communication between the user and the enterprise servers is critical.
The book explores the entire app's design, covering the data model and business logic you'll use for your app. It then moves on to cover how to build middle-tier communication between the middle tier and the mobile device, handling application and network events (such as a network going offline), and culminates by showing you how to work with various rich presentation technologies.
This book is invaluable for anyone looking to learn how to create secure mobile apps for enterprise environments in an easy way with lots of useful examples.