Leverage the power of Neo4j to design, implement, and deliver top-notch projects
About This Book
- Understand, in detail, the Pattern matching theory, and cypher optimization
- Use Neo4j models combined with the power of Cypher to sketch and start working quickly
- A fast-paced, example-oriented guide to help you integrate Neo4j in standard Java applications
Who This Book Is For
If you are an application developer or software architect who wants to dive into the Cypher language and learn the concepts of graph theory and graph-based data models, this is the book for you. Prior experience with a graph-based or NoSQL-based database is expected. Some knowledge of Java will be beneficial, as this will give you more insights into Neo4j's extensibility.
What You Will Learn
- Install Neo4j as an embedded database or a server in minutes
- Import data into Neo4j from various data sources such as CSV and Excel using efficient batch import processes
- Model complex interactions and query Neo4j with its top-notch query language, Cypher
- Integrate Neo4j in your Java applications, using Neo4j APIs
- Leverage the mapping power of Spring Data Neo4j in your Java applications
- Write your own Neo4j extensions
- Deploy Neo4j within your infrastructure in minutes
With a rise in the popularity of NoSQL databases, Neo4j provides a viable alternative for storage, processing, and querying highly connected data natively in the form of graphs. It saves you the trouble of tabular data formats and join operations while providing a fast querying language called Cypher, which is declarative and works on the principle of pattern matching. It is an open source database and has been tailored to be integrated into a wide variety of scenarios, platforms, and tools.
This book will guide you from the phase where you have to choose the appropriate license towards the deployment phase, instilling good design practices along the way. It will cover every required phase needed by a successful project. Using a fictitious project as a case study, you will learn the various implementation details and concepts of Neo4j that will help you develop your use cases quickly.