- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-10-31
- 售價: $1,440
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,368
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 304
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783980966
- ISBN-13: 9781783980963
About This Book
- Use the OpenShift Online Platform as a Service to speed up application development and deployment
- Explore how to manage an application's lifecycle including performance monitoring, debugging application code, and working in a team environment
- Enhance applications with add-on cartridges for job scheduling, database systems, continuous integration and management tools
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for you if you're a developer experienced with the PHP or Java programming languages and have a basic understanding of using the command line.
What You Will Learn
- Master OpenShift Online by using the command line, web console, and IDE integrations
- Develop applications that will automatically scale based upon the number of concurrent HTTP requests by utilizing HAProxy and multiple OpenShift gears
- Utilize continuous integration to perform builds and run automated test suites
- Leverage OpenShift Online to manage development teams with fine grained access permissions
- Debug applications deployed to the OpenShift Online service by leveraging remote debugging and logfiles
- Use add-on cartridges to provide database servers, cron job scheduling, deployments, and metrics for your applications
- Extend the functionality of the OpenShift platform by deploying custom servers using the Do-It-Yourself cartridge
Cloud computing and particularly Platform as a Service is rapidly changing the way software engineers approach software development. Without knowing the gritty details of the operating system and application servers, developers are able to use the OpenShift Online platform to tune performance and achieve scalability while also ensuring that their applications are stable and reliable.
This book will guide you through the essential concepts necessary to use the OpenShift platform. Whether you are a seasoned developer with years of experience or just starting to learn how to develop software, this book will provide you with all of the information you need from account creation, installation and configuration of client tools to integrating an IDE with the service, deployment, and management of PHP and Java-based applications.
With plenty of sample code and screenshots, this book will ensure your success in speeding up application development while also creating enterprise class scalable applications.